2 - 4 people
Preparation & Cooking Time
A recipe sourced from the Clonakilty Food Company, Ireland's 'leading' black pudding producer - or in this case White Pudding. We have shared a Frittata recipe with you before, but this is slightly different in cooking style and core ingredients. It still remains a light and easy to prepare lunch or brunch dish.
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350F / Gas Mark 4.
- On a medium heat place the Clonakilty White Pudding in to a 20cm non-stick frying pan with a deep base, cook to colour and warmed through, remove and set aside for later.
- Increase the heat on the pan and coat with rapeseed oil, add butter, the chopped mixed mushrooms and cook golden brown.
- Remove the mushrooms from the pan and set aside with the Clonakilty White Pudding.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl and whisk with the cream, season with salt and pepper. Mix the cooked Clonakilty White Pudding and mushrooms in the egg mixture to coat. This will ensure that the ingredients are evenly dispersed through your frittata.
- Place the frittata mixture into the same 20cm pan and with a spatula move the mixture away from the bottom until it starts to set, transfer to the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes to cook through.
- Run a spatula around the sides to ensure your frittata will turn out.
Slice the frittata into portions and serve with a mixed green salad for a perfect lunch or brunch.