Preparation & Cooking Time
For the Salad
1 Clonakilty Black Pudding
300g Baby Salad Potatoes, par-cooked & cubed
2 Red Onions, quartered and tossed in a little oil
100g Walnuts, toasted on a dry pan
100g Tomatoes, any variety you like (Cherry Tomato work well!)
Salad Leaves, washed - Chicory, Rocket, Baby Gem, Ruby Chard
For the Dressing
- In a sealable container like a jar add all the Dressing ingredients. Leave to infuse together before use.
- Slice the Clonakilty Black Pudding into 2cm rounds and grill or fry lightly until golden brown on each side and warmed through.
- Sauté the par-cooked potato to crisp the edges.
- On a heated griddle pan char the red onions until beautifully caramelized and tender.
- Assemble the salad with a layer of salad leaves, followed by a layer of char-grilled red onions, followed by the sautéed potatoes, a scattering of walnuts and tomatoes and finally some crumbled Clonakilty Black Pudding.
Dress the salad.